Saturday, February 27, 2021

UGLY!

The snow is not quite gone yet. The less snow, the more ugly the yard is. Every other day, I trudge around picking up five-to-ten pounds of dog poop that the snow kept well hidden. Ugh!


This past week I saw my hip surgeon for a follow-up visit; all is well with that joint. Then I met with a shoulder surgeon, as I have severe arthritis in both shoulders. As we discussed surgery, I questioned him about what I'll be able to do post-replacement. Yoga poses like downward dog? Does Dr. Hip know you are doing that? Well, no. You shouldn't be bending over. What?!? I bend over all the time, especially when weeding. Ever since then, I have noticed just how much bending over I do, to pick up dog poop and clean the litter boxes and perform other household chores, let alone yardwork. Dr. Shoulder nixed downward dog since after surgery I should not pick up more than 25 pounds EVER. My SO may have to provide more of the heavy lifting around here.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Well that is unwelcome news. So sorry to hear it. But I'm glad your hip is ok.