Sunday, March 07, 2021

Tommies!

I almost missed spotting these early birds: Crocus tommassinianus 'Roseus', aka Tommies. For one thing, I forget where I have planted them. For another, they are so early, my eyes are not yet trained to spot them amongst the gray and taupe landscape. A welcome sign of spring!


This week I signed up with a lawncare service that follows organic practices, for just the front yard (for now). We'll see how that works out. I've never had the lawn commercially treated, although I used to periodically and sporadically treat it myself. In recent years, that degenerated to spot treating dandelions in the spring. The lawn is a bit of a mess. I will still do the mowing, but this business has a sister business that provides services such as mulching, edging, mowing, etc. If I need help while having my shoulders fixed, I can fall back on them.

My SO came over and helped me mulch under the gold mop; I just can't crawl under there anymore. I've also been cutting back perennials and grasses. The yard isn't quite so ugly anymore, but there is still more to do.

1 comment:

ErinFromIowa said...

Beautiful harbinger of spring! Now you know where to look next spring.🍀