Sunday, February 14, 2021

Still snowy, with more on the way

The temps remain low, so we still have snow on the ground. Yesterday was gray and bleak, despite the white stuff, but today there is sun. Tonight more snow is on the way. Fortunately, my excellent neighbor has fixed his snowblower.

Hanging on my refrigerator is a list of chores for my son-in-law, including the replacement of the outdoor faucets. I don't know much about plumbing; these taps are "frost proof". They also drip and the plastic handles are breaking off bit by bit.


There seem to be fewer and fewer birds at the feeders these days, even starlings. Did the cold weather finally send them farther south? Between the weather and the home improvement projects, I hadn't been walking the dogs, but that could not go on forever. As long as it is not too windy, we go out.


Erin asked about my fruit trees. Alas, they are no more. When I first started growing Meyer lemons inside, you could not buy them in the local stores. Not so anymore. Also, fruit trees in containers require a lot more attention that I gave them. Outside, I decided to eliminate the apple and cherry trees, as they too require too much care. Even growing herbs inside feels like a big endeavor these days!

Every year I usually joke that February is the longest month of the year. This year it seems to be flying by, yet spring feels very far away. Must be the snow.

No comments: