Sunday, January 15, 2023

Spring has sprung?

I was more than a little surprised to see these daffodils emerging from the mulch. Yes, it has been mild, and yes, these daffs are the first to appear each year. But January 15?!? That's just not right.


While there is no outside gardening to do right now, today I took care of some indoor gardening. Four houseplants needed to be repotted. I purchased cheap pots from Target (which came without saucers, so there is a pottery project for me) for this task. And despite my efforts to be careful, made a bit of a mess in the kitchen. Maybe next time I should do this in the laundry room where there is a utility sink.


There has been more bird activity lately, specifically a flicker (a rarity at the feeders) plus quite a few bluebirds, so I've been putting out mealworms. I don't know what it is about seeing those flashes of blue, but it really cheers me up. Not to be outdone, my SO spotted a bald eagle a few miles from my house, near the county fairgrounds. Now *that* is really something to see.

No comments: