Sunday, January 22, 2023

Snowy day

The snow started coming down during the night and continued for most of the day. It's a heavy snow, perfect for packing. My SO came over and helped clear the driveway, although I discovered it is possible to shovel snow using one arm. I welcome the snow, as a snowless landscape feels too much like February.


See the birdfeeder in the photo? That one is designed to let bluebirds in while keeping starlings out. It works, BUT. Only one or two birds can feed at one time, while I frequently have 5-10 birds wanting to eat. The floor of the feeder is solid, so spilled mealworms don't fall on the ground where the others wait. I think I'll replace the floor with hardware cloth and see how that works.

This past week I placed an order with Bluestone Perennials for catmint, specifically Nepeta 'Cat's Pajamas'. I also ordered a dozen purple coneflower, a.k.a. Echinacea Purpurea, from Prairie Moon Nursery. I *tried* to order some stuff from Burpee, but their site must have been overwhelmed with others doing the same thing, as my order would not go through, even after three tries on separate days. Maybe the universe is trying to tell me something.

No comments: