Sunday, May 09, 2021

Any colder and it would be snowing

Around here, Mother's Day seems to be designated as Visit Local Nurseries Day, but I wonder how many families are out in the cold, windy, rainy weather. Personally, I would opt for a cuddle on the couch and a good movie.

My SO and I stopped at Menards the other day. I've been on the lookout for a decent water fountain. The one I have is not well designed and dribbles. All I bought in the garden department was a package of coleus for the front porch. Last year's variety was HUGE, so I'm opting for something smaller this year: Wizard Scarlet. I still have the mother plant from last year, plus a couple of starts off that; they will go into pots.


This past week, the Lawnganics people treated the front lawn again. I don't know specifically what they use, but the dandelions are now drooping. I think the clover and wild strawberry will survive, though, which is what I was hoping for. The grass itself looks very healthy, but then it usually does in the spring. So far, I'm pleased. After edging and mulching the beds around the trees in the front yard, I'm thinking maybe I will outsource that labor as well.

No comments: