Sunday, June 19, 2022

Still waiting

My landscaping has been penciled in for this week. I sure hope it happens as I have been holding off several other things to make sure I am free when they come. Fingers crossed.


Even though the rain has slowed down and the temperatures have soared, the grass keeps growing but it's not as dense. This weekend was mild, so I tried to dig up some rudbeckia, but I twisted my ankle a week or so ago, and just could not manage the shovel with one bum leg. I also questioned the wisdom of transplanting weeds along with the plants, as that bed is full of creeping Charlie and thistle. I have other plants in less weedy locations I can move if I so desire.

My daughter has taken just about every plant there was to take from the front yard, or at least as much as she had room for in her yard. I haven't been over there yet, to see the results of her labor, but given her eye for design, I'm sure it looks great, or will, once the plants establish themselves. Yesterday she "shopped" my garage, for lumber and other odds and ends. There are a lot of leftovers from various remodeling projects that I am happy to part with.

Today is Father's Day. I have been transcribing some of my old journals, currently from eight years ago, when I was planning what turned out to be my last trip to visit my dad. Needless to say, I miss him.

No comments: