Saturday, January 22, 2022

Big spender

I scrimped and saved and stuck with a job I didn't much care for, just so I could have a comfortable retirement. Now I am in spending mode and Wild Birds Unlimited is happy to help. At my last visit, after selecting millet (for the sparrows) and mealworms (for the bluebirds), I was offered a seed wreath at half price, by which time I qualified for some free Bark Butter Bits. The latter are very popular, even with the starlings, so maybe they will leave the mealworms alone. I hung the wreath in the Japanese maple out front, where I can watch its visitors from the comfort of my couch. Beau too.


The dogs didn't care for this visitor.


Yesterday would have been the perfect day for cross country skiing: cold but sunny and almost no wind. Today it is still cold, but gray and windy. I have to keep reminding myself it is still January.

No comments: