Sunday, March 08, 2020

A beautiful weekend

The weather is such a tease, warm and breezy one day, wet and wild the next. Yesterday and today were just great, though. Saturday, my granddaughter and I wheeled around the nabe a bit, her on a scooter, me on a bike, my first attempt since hip surgery. Actually, I have not been on a bike in years, but now that urban trails are sprouting all around me, I plan to make cycling a regular activity.

"They" took down a couple of locust trees across the street, in anticipation of the new storm sewer installation. The neighbor over there rented a log splitter and has been running it nearly non-stop all weekend. Not as annoying as a leaf blower, but a pretty constant drone. Other homeowners are out picking up sticks and hanging laundry and just piddling in their yards. I trimmed back the 'Limelight' hydrangea a bit; it needs more shaping and cropping, but my hip doesn't feel ladder-ready yet.

Inside, I had all the wall-to-wall carpeting replaced with laminate. I really like the results, but I have not yet completely recovered from the interim chaos because I am also decluttering and rearranging and discarding. Two rooms remain to be "tidied", the den (or what my granddaughter refers to as the "junk room") and the spare bedroom that serves as my fiber studio. Then I want to tackle the garden shed and the garage (shudder!!!)

No comments: