Sunday, April 02, 2023

Errata

The day after my last post, I realized the photo I identified as buds from the Prairie Fire crabapple was actually buds from the elm tree. I corrected that, but I certainly hope no one takes anything I say on this blog as gospel. I blog primarily to document the yard and garden for my own use, but I also enjoy sharing it with others.

I can tell spring is here because. while there isn't that much to do outside yet, there are more photos to post. My SO came over and helped me move the container plants from the garage to the backyard. Besides the rhubarb and penstemon below, there were two butterfly bushes and a clematis.



I bought some plastic drain pipe from the Home Depot. Stretching it out is a two-person job, so my SO helped with that as well. We had quite a bit of rain the other night, and I already notice that the sump pump under the four-season room runs less frequently now that the runoff from the roof is directed farther away from the house. Once the rain garden is installed, I'll half-bury the pipe in the mulch.


And my SO helped hang the metal sculpture I purchased at the home and garden show.


There is so much on my to-do list, once the weather warms a bit more, that it feels a bit overwhelming. While I love living alone and I'm grateful for the help from my SO, sometimes I wish I didn't have to do everything myself. I'd like to offload cleaning and cooking and TAXES!

No comments: