Sunday, December 18, 2022

Insult to injury

Not only am I recovering from shoulder replacement surgery, I now also have a cold. Not the flu, not covid, not whatever else is going around, just an old fashioned cold. Ironically, the only place I could have picked up this virus is the doctor's office, where I went on Wednesday to have the staples removed.

Otherwise, not much going on. A half dozen bluebirds showed up at the birdbath today, so I put out some mealworms for them; so far, no takers. Ditto the seed wreath and hot butter bark I splurged on. I'm sure that will change once my fine feathered friends venture from their usual feeding stations.

The xmas cactus continues to pop out a blossom, one at a time. I'm not sure how one keeps this plant blooming, so I've continued to cover it at night to see if that helps.


Its cactus cousins are... weird. One is putting on quite a show while the others look dead or nearly dead. Are they just dormant? Inquiring minds want to know.


Have a joyful week.

No comments: