Saturday, September 08, 2018

Are you tired of monarch pix yet?

Another monarch hatched yesterday. The chrysalis had turned black as its surface thinned to reveal the new butterfly within. At least, that is what I was hoping was happening.


I kept checking the habitat throughout the day, but missed the actual emergence of the adult.


The newly emerged adult butterfly is very tame, has no qualms about climbing aboard a human finger.


This time I managed to catch some decent photos of the wings, closed and open.


Some of these photos are with my Olympus SLR, some with my Samsung Galaxy phone camera. Can you tell the difference? I can't.


This fellow picked a cool and wet day to emerge. I left it perched on the outside of the habitat, then last night arranged some shelter to protect it from the rain. It is still sitting there today. Probably needs a little sunshine to get going. (Don't we all?)

1 comment:

Gluten Free Recipes said...

Lovelly blog you have here