Monday, June 02, 2014

Deja vu all over again!

When I saw this...


... I thought it was rabbits at work. But with all the fencing, how in the world could they get in? And then I saw this...


...when I should have seen this...


...and I knew. That damn groundhog (or one of its cousins) was back. So the order of the day was to clear out the area behind the garden next to the shed and to make improvements to the movable fence. The bottom was already lined with hardware cloth, to block bunnies and prevent digging. Now it is topped with floppy chicken wire, which hopefully will deter Mr./Ms. Woodchuck. I thought of borrowing my neighbor's Havahart, but I'm afraid all I'd catch would be Finn.


Speaking of which, I saw him stalking something in the garden and from the avian chorus, assumed it was a bird. Now I'm thinking it was the groundhog, as Finn subsequently parked himself between the broccoli and the sweet potatoes for most of the morning. Too little too late, buster.

No comments: