Sunday, March 02, 2014

Meyer lemon reboot

My Meyer lemon tree looks incredibly pathetic. Two summer ago, it was so hot and dry, I watered it daily and it flourished. Last summer was perfect weatherwise, and I think the poor thing received too much water from rain and from me, who continued to think it needed daily waterings. At least, that is my story and I am sticking to it.


Almost leafless, the little thing still provided me with four juicy lemons, the last of which I harvested a few weeks ago. Even though it is a bit early, last weekend I repotted the plant, in hopes of rejuvenating it.


I also pruned it rather severely, as I would prefer a bushy habit. When my granddaughter, who has been schooled to "be nice" to plants, saw it, she chastised me for "pulling off all the leaves."


Hopefully, new leaves and fragrant blossoms will emerge soon. Fingers crossed!

3 comments:

Pat - Arkansas said...

Wishing you a bunch of lovely lemons this summer!

Jason said...

I hope you get at least a few blooms. I would love to smell the frangrance.

Jason said...

I hope you get at least a few blooms. I would love to smell the frangrance.