Saturday, March 13, 2010

Mem'ries

Last night, while making a butt dent on the sofa, I kept hearing these odd noises.  It took a while, but I finally identified them as wind, rain, and thunder.  I had forgotten what they sound like, all mixed together.  The storm got going in earnest after lights out, when I was reminded of something else:  my dog hates thunder.  She trembles, pants, and drools when it storms.  Not very conducive to sleep.

The zinnias look healthy and happy, when I remember to keep them watered.


The Italian parsley has germinated, too.  Compared to the zinnias, the parsley seedings are spindly and small.

I finished cutting down the ornamental grasses and planned to do some pruning, but the weather is not cooperating.  So, time to focus on indoor things.  Like assembling the furniture cluttering up the West Wing - there is no room for yoga!  And making arrangements to pick up my new cabinet, which requires the borrowing of the neighbor's truck.  And if I am going to borrow the truck, I might as well order that freezer so I can pick that up as well.  And get rid of the old non-working freezer in the garage.  And maybe the lawn mower will be ready for pickup by then.  Yup, it is definitely time to get into gear.

No comments: