Friday, January 08, 2010

The guys all say I have a nice crawl

The heating sub-contractors came today, crawled around under the house making noises that made the dog bark, and now there is a little bit more heat in the laundry room.  Each time the furnace runs, the temperature in the laundry room goes up a  fraction of a degree, so now it is 5-6 degrees colder than the family room instead of 8 or more.  Maybe by the end of the weekend, it will be closer to even.  Otherwise, I may have to get a heated toilet seat out there.

The overall contractor was supposed to visit today as well and deliver my floor tile, but he was a no-show.  No surprise there.

Meanwhile, we received more snow, about four inches, I'm guessing.  Many years ago I bought my dad a snow gauge.  I think I need one, too.  I'm a little tired of shoveling, despite help from my neighbor and his blower, but this weekend I get to go cross country skiing.  Yay!

No comments: