Wednesday, August 20, 2008

What's Better than Home Grown?

Home grown by somebody else.

I went to the farmer's market this afternoon and was shocked, shocked I say, by how many people were there. I have been to this particular venue before, but really early and really late in the season, when there are few vendors and even fewer customers. Today was much different.

What did I buy? Mostly stuff that ordinarily I would have grown in my own garden - green beans, potatoes, onions, peppers - and some things I have grown in the past - kohlrabi, baby watermelon - plus something I have never eaten, let alone grown - ground cherries. They are quite good, too.

I also treated myself to these:



I love gladiolas.

Look what I found yesterday at Joann's:



A garden Buddha, at 70% off. It was the last one in the store, although ironically I dreamed last night that there were more in the next aisle over.

And here is another hawk, smaller than the one I showed in my last post, and in my own backyard.



I took this pic through the storm door. As soon as I stepped outside, he was off.

No comments: