Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Now?

Tomorrow the contractor (formerly known as the "estimator guy") is coming and this time bringing all his friends, a.k.a. the sub-contractors. One of them is going to crawl under the house to make sure what I want to do is doable without too much hassle. Keep your fingers crossed.

Meanwhile, here is one of the first signs that fall is approaching:



The sedum is blushing, as is the burning bush. Even though it is still August, there is something about the change in light that precedes the change in seasons.

And even though it is August, my electric bill is a fraction of what it has been in previous years. My new AC is paying off!

I wish I could remember/find the name of this plant.



I think it is a gaura of some kind, probably something that attracts butterflies and/or hummingbirds.



Most years all it attracts are rabbits, but I accidentally included it in the chicken wire enclosure I erected for the tickseed and brown eyed susan. Now I know what it is supposed to look like, I need to find its name.

No comments: