Saturday, August 16, 2008

Step One

The first step of the remodeling is to replace the patio door between the family room and the Florida room. The current one does not lock and was installed backwards so I can't even secure it with a broom handle. The house needs to be secure, so the new patio door is necessary. The installation is scheduled for next Tuesday afternoon. Cool.

Thursday afternoon I met three of the sub-contractors: the heating/AC guy, the concrete guy, and the roofing/framing guy. Later on there will be the flooring gal and the painting guy and the electrician guy. Anyone else?

Meanwhile, I need to get some things done in preparation of all these people doing their things. The Florida room needs to be emptied, the cabinets in the laundry room cleared out, the reverse osmosis system moved. Outside, there are a few plants that need to be relocated, at least for the duration, and I am taking up the deck myself, as I want to reuse the wood plus give the rabbits a chance to find a new place to hang out.

Weatherwise, it is a perfect day to be outside, so I'd better get to it. Have a great weekend!

No comments: