Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Sandwiching my Days with Gardening

I carry a Moleskine notebook with me to jot reminders and make lists and otherwise keep track of my life. Low tech, I know, but it works for me. I try not to get overly optimistic with the to-do lists, keeping them as immediate as I can. Then I am more likely to add to the pleasure of list-making the exquisite satisfaction of checking off the items in those lists. But it is getting tougher to get to many of the tasks.

Ordinarily, I walk Betsy Beagle most mornings, but she is suffering from a slipped disk. Instead, we have been spending the time we would have filled with walking just hanging out in the yard. This gives her an opportunity to investigate morning bunny smells while I take care of a few of those little tasks that get shoved aside by the big tasks. Yesterday I watered. This morning I transplanted two 'Jethro Tull' plants. Tomorrow I hope to transplant a third 'Jethro Tull' and prune the burning bush.

The big things still need attention, though. Tonight I managed to squeeze mowing the backyard into the spare hour between arriving home and leaving for yoga. Tomorrow it will probably be a little mulching when date night is over.

And pea picking. And bunny greens. And deadheading.

Where's my Moleskine?

No comments: