Thursday, April 29, 2010

Pictures!


Please bear with me while I get used to my new camera.  The photo above is saved at a lower resolution that the one below, 640 vs. 800 pixels, I believe.  I'm trying to see if there is a difference.


Those are forget-me-nots, by the way.

Below are the herbs and seedlings, taking advantage of the lovely weather.


Those pale looking things in front are leggy zinnias.  I started them too early, never got around to thinning them, forgot to feed them, and yet they are still alive.  I transplanted them into the 3B garden today, one clump of zinnias per clump of daffodils.

Unlike my previous camera, this camera is smart enough to know I want a picture of the serviceberries and not the crap in the background.


That was one of the most frustrating things with my previous camera - trying to get it to focus on the correct object.

The brush pile is home to bunnies.  The brush pile is scheduled to be removed.


Bunnies eat dandelions, but they also eat green beans.

My previous camera had a macro setting I could select.  This camera magically knows when to go into macro mode.


In case you don't recognize this shoot, it's an onion.

The garlic patch.


Both foreground and background are in focus.  Amazing.

Almost as amazing as the color of my Japanese maple.


I whisper sweet nothings as I go past.

Here are some marigold seedlings, started at the right time.


So, obviously, I have learned to upload the photos from my camera to the computer.  I'm still experimenting, though, and have much to learn.

2 comments:

ErinFromIowa said...

I hope I am not a skimmer but I do not recall you mentioning what kind of camera you purchased. I just adore you folks who garden and share in your blogs.

Pat - Arkansas said...

Ooooooh! I love, love, love that Japanese Maple. No wonder you whisper sweet nothings as you pass!