Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Skeeters

Yesterday we received another 0.75" of rain, and when I went out to pick bunny greens, the mosquitoes also came out. I know mosquitoes and other creepy crawlies are food for birds and toads and bats and all, but still. Why do they have to feed on human blood?

While standing on my deck, I did see a hummingbird. In fact, the little bugger buzzed me. What a pugnacious pipsqueak!

Tonight the farmer's market at Salomon Farm opened for the first time this season. Only three vendors, but I bought something from each: kale, spinach, Swiss chard, plus some pepper plants. Even though I knew it was late, I asked about asparagus. The food co-op sells organically grown asparagus from California for $10 a pound - it seems like someone local could supply it for that price.

In the interest of getting the new room that I want, to replace the Florida room, I bought the Better Homes and Gardens Home Designer Suite. What a cool piece of software! If I didn't have to sleep, I would probably stay up all night playing with it. In fact, I am going to cut this entry short, so I can do just that.

No comments: