Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Another One Bites the Dust

All it takes is some tropical weather and a little rain (0.75" this time) to finish off the peonies.



But as for the climbing roses, everyday and in every way...



...they are getting better and better.



It probably won't be a banner year, but I'll take what I can get.

Meanwhile, the yucca is asserting itself, despite the close quarters with the asplenifolia and sandcherry.



I think the white yucca blossoms will look stunning next to the purple sandcherry.

Which reminds me, I need to do something about the shasta daisy that pooped out. It was planted amongst some red bee balm on the east side of the house. The two bloom at the same time, producing quite the spectacle. But not this year. I'm wondering if my attempts to keep the soil acid beneath the nearby rhododendron is the cause of the daisy demise.

No comments: