Sunday, May 04, 2008

Late Bloomer

These flowers trail the rest of the daffodils. Not sure why. Are they really narcissus or jonquil? Whatever. It's nice to see that corner of the yard still in bloom.



For some reason, my back is bothering me today, on a day when the weather is just perfect for being outdoors. I did manage to mow front and back and clear off the deck in anticipation of the tree service. I also hoed up a bit of garden for some snap peas, mesclun, and mustard greens. A little late to be planting them, but I had the seed, so why not give it a try?

Otherwise, I have pretty much decided not to plant much this year because of the impending yard transformation. Instead, I plan to frequent the local farmers markets. One is just down the road, on Wednesday evenings, the other downtown on Saturdays. Between the two, I expect to enjoy a lot of fresh produce.

No comments: