Sunday, October 10, 2010

Thanks, I needed that

Last winter I enjoyed homemade bread and soups, but once the garden kicked in and the temperatures soared, baking and cooking fell by the wayside.  Yesterday I dipped back in, though, with kabouchi squash and black bean soup from Love Soup and pioneer bread from The Bread Book.


(The soup looks kind of gross, so no pics.)

While I love the recipes in Love Soup, I have to admit that they are challenging to make.  Yesterday I started the bread and soup making around 9am and did not finish until after 2pm.  I even interleaved the two recipes, working on soup while bread was rising, etc.  Very time intensive, but also worth the effort.

This week's bird sighting was a tufted titmouse.  They look so perky with their tiny shoe button eyes!  I think the hummingbirds have left, and the butterflies, even though it is supposed to be 86 today.  Maybe this is Indian Summer?

1 comment:

Pat - Arkansas said...

The bread looks delish!