Thursday, October 14, 2010

NOW the laundry room is officially finished

A couple of weeks ago, I had the kids over for dinner, and my son-in-law installed the clothes line that had been sitting in a box on top of the dryer for who-knows-how-long.


And that is all there is to do here, folks, although I am contemplating switching the cupboard in there with the shelving unit in the mud room.  The laundry room is the coolest room in the house, so I think it will become the storage place for onions and such.  Ordinarily, I would use the garage but the frickin' temperatures STILL won't give way to autumn.

The only other home improvement I have planned for this year are two new exterior doors, which should be here by the end of the month.  But next year - look out!

1 comment:

Pat - Arkansas said...

My laundry room is located on an outside wall which wasn't well insulated when the house was built in 1951. It's both the warmest (read hot) room in the summer and the coldest room in the winter.

Seems like Fall temperatures are not anxious to make an appearance here, either.