Saturday, October 17, 2009

Frosty

We definitely got some frost last night. I wish I had a better indoor situation for plants so I could move some of my herbs inside for the duration. Meanwhile, time to clean out the garden.

No more progress on the laundry area. The contractor and I had a little discussion on whether building inspections were really necessary. On the advice of his subcontractors, he was hedging, but I don't think we want to go there. The value in inspections lies not in the inspection itself, but in the inspectee knowing someone will be checking up on the work done.

The garlic bulbs arrived this week, from Seed Savers Exchange. The two varieties I purchased are German Extra Hardy and Broadleaf Czech. I know nothing about growing garlic, so this will be yet another experiment.

No comments: