Sunday, October 18, 2009

Cheaper than therapy and more fun than a fitness center

That is gardening in a nutshell.

Today's activities included mowing (hopefully the last of this season), garden cleanup (no more zucchini!), and garden shed organization. My SO spread mulch, reducing the pile by half, and he planted the wild petunias that have been sitting in a bucket of water for over a week.

We moved the Simon and Garfunkel herb pot (parsley, sage, rosemary, and thyme) into the West Wing, and I potted some Greek oregano. I plan on saving some chives, too. I wonder if I can find basil seeds this time of year.

Still have not planted bulbs, garlic or otherwise. There is still time. All unprotected shrubs are now surrounded with poultry netting, to foil those wascally wabbits this winter.

I'm sure we did more, but I'm too tired to think.

No comments: