Sunday, March 20, 2022

Too old too soon

This past week, my SO helped me dig the dirt out of a couple of raised beds and transfer it to the remaining raised bed in the wildflower area. We both walk and we both exercise, yet a couple of hours of shoveling and we were spent. Regarding DIY landscaping, it is getting to be too much for us. I called in the professionals just in the nick of time.


I also strung tape to mark off the general area where the new beds will be, so that the lawn people don't apply pre-emergent where there will be mulch and new plants. It looks like a crime scene.


Watson managed to find a way into the fenced off area; hopefully, I have blocked all the holes. The dogs are enjoying today's sunshine and chasing chipmunks around the deck. The grass is slowly turning green, but it is really squishy in the backyard, from the inch of rain that fell over the past two days. The ground is just saturated.

No comments: