Wednesday, March 23, 2011

It's raining, it's pouring - no, wait, it's hailing - no, wait

Many places lay claim to the motto, "If you don't like the weather here, just wait a while."  Today, it's here.  The day started gray but dry, then sprinkles, then rain, then thunder and lightening (poor dog), then hail.  The sun made a brief appearance, and now it is just gray again.  This weekend, it may snow.  Fun times.

Last night I needed to dig in some dirt, so I planted the marigold seeds inside.  I originally started planting marigolds in the vegetable garden because they are reputed to repel pests of one sort or another.  I don't know if that is true, but including them has become habit.  The garden just would not look right without them.

The grass is just barely starting to turn green.  I, for one, cannot wait for the other colors of spring.

No comments: