Tuesday, February 09, 2010

Powdered sugar

That's what the snowfall looks like as it sifts from the sky.  I'm guessing we have received about 6 inches so far.  Knowing we would be hit with a lot of white stuff, I primed one of my neighbors to help out with his blower, and he did.  Or the guy across the street did.  I can't tell.  There was still enough for me to shove around when I arrived home from work, which is very therapeutic after sitting in a cubicle all day.  Tonight and tomorrow there will be more snow, and there will be blowing and drifting.  I may work from home in the AM.

Between cutting down all the silver maples in my backyard and losing the clothesline posts to old age, I did not have enough places to hang all my bird feeders this year.  I had been trying to locate more shepherd's hooks off-season, without luck, when it occurred to me to use the Topsy Turvy frame.  Poifect!  Not only are there four arms for feeders, the feeders are higher off the ground, which the birds prefer.  I don't know why I did not think of that sooner.

I've been destashing the refrigerator lately, which has led to some odd meals.  Sunday I ate a big bowl of beets, flavored with fresh dill and sour cream.  Very good, but also very disconcerting later on when I went to the bathroom.

What else is new?  I had to repot the chives because someone knocked them over and broke the pot.  I'm guessing that someone was a certain feline because I also had to clean up some funky looking puke.  Damn cat.

And I added a third level to the worm composter.  By spring, there should be plenty of worm castings for the garden.  Don't you just love it when a plan comes together?

No comments: