Saturday, March 28, 2009

In like a lion, out like a lion

It is almost April, but you would not know it from the weather. Cold, windy, and tomorrow it may snow. I'm done with winter. Bring on the spring!



To get myself in the mood, I drove north to Huntertown Gardens, a fruit and vegetable "stand" where they also sell garden seeds and plants. I was in search of onion sets, which I found, along with ear corn and a neighbor. It was this neighbor who gave me some extra onion sets several years ago and I noticed they came from Huntertown Gardens. I had never heard of them, and it took me many years to actually seek them out. It seems like a bit of a drive, but I've driven further for good produce. And I hear they get Red Havens from Michigan. Mmmmm!

That little purchase jumpstarted me to get online and make some more purchases, from Lee Valley, Gardener's Supply, and Gardens Alive. (Gotta spread the wealth.) I'll post more about those purchases as they arrive. Suffice to say, my backyard is going to be transformed.

No comments: