Saturday, November 01, 2008

I Vant To Be Alone

That sinus thing I have just won't go away. At least, that is my excuse for not working out in the yard today. That and I just did not feel like interfacing with any of my neighbors.

At work, I consider it part of my job to get along with my co-workers. Ditto at home. Even when my neighbors are being kind of inconsiderate or downright rude, I play dumb and pretend I still like them. I don't want to generate ill will because, gosh, someday I may need to use their phone or borrow their truck or ask them to snowblow my driveway.

But. Lately it has been hard. The McCain/Palin bumper stickers. The five dogs barking non-stop 10-11pm. The junk vehicles in driveways. The stump grinder at 8:30am on a Saturday morning. The dog shit in my front yard. The burning of yard waste. The loud motorcycles and car radios. The speeders. The lawn mowers and leaf blowers and chainsaws. Gah!

Actually, I like my neighborhood most of the time. We have large lots and most homes are kept up and most pay their association dues and most mind their own business and/or give each other the benefit of the doubt. But sometimes I really, really, really wish I still lived in the country, so I could step outside my backdoor and not say "Hi!"

Those arborvitae can't grow fast enough.

No comments: