Monday, March 10, 2008

Trickster

A couple of weeks ago, I tricked myself into vacuuming the livingroom by rearranging the furniture. I used the same strategy yesterday on the Florida room. This is the room I am thinking about replacing. I have an idea of what it should look like, so I rearranged the existing furniture to approximate my vision.

The room is about 18' wide and 12' deep, with 5 west-facing windows, 2 to the south, and 2 plus a door to the north. I placed the couch smack-dab in the middle of the room, facing west, the coffee table in front of it, a side table to the side (of course), and stood back. Hmmm. My vision must have involved a deeper room. A deeper room would require the removal of those damn silver maples. A deeper room would also involve more concrete and a possible collision with the gas line. A deeper room would also be more expensive. Hmmm.

On a completely different topic, the bird population is beginning to shift. The suet is gone and I don't want to buy more, but I have some really old dog food, leftover from a previous dog, in the garage. I scattered some of that in a snow-free spot and waited to see who would show up. Well, starlings, of course, but also blue jays. That is interesting.

No comments: