Sunday, February 19, 2017

It's just WRONG!

I spotted the first of the daffodil sprouts BEFORE Valentine's Day. This is unheard of, as are tee shirts in February unless one lives much further south. It's discombobulating.


Not only has it been warm, it has been dry. Yesterday my SO helped dismantle the fencing around the vegetable garden. I anticipate fewer varmint problems this summer because 1) I am growing fewer vegetables, and 2) the helpful gardening dog loves to chase rabbits and squirrels and chipmunks and cats and presumably woodchucks as well.


Today I whacked at the 'Limelight' hydrangea. Depending on the source, one is supposed to A) just remove the dead blossoms and/or B) do some light shaping and/or C) cut it back by two-thirds. I have done A and B in the past, thought I would try C this year.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Surprised that your daffodils are coming up earlier than ours. We're just seeing the tips of a few leaves.