Sunday, October 16, 2016

Now you sedum

I divided and moved some of the 'Autumn Joy' sedum earlier this summer, and am pleased with how well it is doing. So pleased that I am going to move it again next summer.


The plants I moved get more sun. Also, I learned I can control their height by pinching them back. So now I am envisioning a cascade of 'Autumn Joy' from the top tier, over the castle block, to the bottom, where it will flow like a river of sedum across and down the bed by the front sidewalk.


There is a white version of the same type of sedum that will be integrated somehow, plus the low growing sedums that creep along the ground.



I will also divide and move 'Zagreb', the last of the coreopsis, to sunnier locales, and will probably suppress the calendula that is establishing itself in this bed. Instead, I want all sedum, all the time. At least, that is the plan for now.

1 comment:

Helen said...

I've seen 'Autumn Joy' planted in mass, to great effect. Wonderful old standby plant that still holds its own. Wish I had the sun for it.