Monday, January 06, 2014

Temperature is dropping


When I arose this morning, the temperature was -2. Now, several hours later, it is -8, but feels like -29 with the wind chill factored in. Tonight it is supposed to drop to -16. The office is closed today because this county is under a snow emergency. I don't work on Mondays, but I have already decided not to go in tomorrow - car might not start after a day in the parking lot. My SO is currently without a garage and his car won't start this morning. Time to just hunker down and bake pie.


My wonderful neighbor across the street has kept my driveway relatively clear, but I've had to work on the patio so the dog has some place to go. Not that she wants to go out at all. Even Finn seems resigned to staying inside. I may have to invest in a snow blower after all, just to clear pathways for her.


And to the bird feeders. I wore my tall boots when I went out to top them off this morning and the snow came up over the boot tops, all the way to my knees. I've never seen the heated birdbath not be able to keep up with the cold, either.


Time for pie.

No comments: