Signs of August:
1. Hot and humid.
2. The locusts drown out the crickets. And lawn mowers. And leaf blowers. And chain saws.
2. I'm getting tired of zucchini.
3. The tomatoes are almost at their peak, just as I am preparing to go on vacation.
4. Corn on the cob.
5. The forecast includes a chance of scattered thunderstorms almost everyday, but it doesn't rain.
6. Pre-season NFL games.
7. School sales in progress.
8. Some of the chrysanthemums just can't wait.
9. The other flowers are fading.
10. And some flowers are just memories.