Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Something new

Yard and garden cleanup continues, but this week with a surprise. In fall of 2017, I planted some pink snow crocus (Crocus tommassinianus 'Roseus') and early snowdrops (Galanthus woronowii). (I wouldn't know that but for this blog entry.) I don't think they bloomed at all... UNTIL NOW!


I had given up on them. Oh, ye of little faith.


I hope they spread far and wide in my front yard.


And then I dreamed that the regular crocus had bloomed as well. I checked yesterday, but it was just a dream.


Meanwhile, the ornamental grasses in the front are gone, as are many dead flower stalks in the back. The grass is turning green s-l-o-w-l-y. Buds on shrubs and trees are starting to swell. The vultures are returning from wherever they spend winter. It won't be long now.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Lovely blossoms - congratulations. Spring does seem to be coming on slowly.