Saturday, January 20, 2018

It's only money

One of my credit cards was compromised, to the point the issuer issued me a new one with a new number. I put it to the test today, by ordering WAY too many plants and seeds. Well, mostly plants, as the cost of the seeds doesn't really compare. If my plans don't work out, I'm turning the yard back into lawn.


I have never been able to figure out a good way to photograph the Meyer lemon "tree", especially to highlight the blossoms. I did finally figured out how to keep it healthy, though: compost tea. At the Minneapolis Garden Bloggers Fling, one item in the swag bag was a box of compost tea bags. The idea was to soak the bags of compost in water, then use the water as compost tea. Unfortunately, my dog got into the box and tore open the tea bags. I saved as much of the granulated compost as I could. This fall and winter, I sprinkled some on the soil of the lemon plant, so now every time I water, the plant gets a drink of compost tea.


The plant is loaded with blossoms this year. They smell soooo sweet! I'm hoping for a bumper crop.

2 comments:

ErinFromIowa said...

Hahaha! Darn dog! Beautiful tree, it's on my #plantbucketlist

Jason said...

We were just sorting through stuff on the porch and I found the compost tea! I think I'll follow your idea of sprinkling it on some of the plants.