Sunday, December 11, 2016

Just in the nick of time

Today it is snowing. Depending on which weather forecast one listens to, we are expecting 4"-8" inches OR it is the end of civilization as we know it. At any rate, it is a good day to stay inside close to one's computer.

Yesterday, I performed what I consider the final fall cleanup. The dead plants are (mostly) still standing, but I rounded up the few that winter over in the garage. Also, the garden carts and wagons and sit-upons are now in the shed, sheltered from the winter weather. The hoses are disconnected from the faucets, but alas, too stiff to roll up, so they will just have to remain in situ for the time being.

There are a few tasks I never got to, but one I *must* do before the arctic winds descend this week: protect the azalea bush. It is already surrounded by poultry netting, but I want to add some burlap to that. While this particular type of azalea is supposed to grow in my zone, I don't really trust that information.

1 comment:

Jason said...

Yup, we got plenty of snow over the weekend. Had to shovel Sunday morning, then again on Monday morning. I wish snow would only fall during the day or early evening so I could shovel without messing up my work commute.